It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Classical DOORS & RTC: integration problem

Bruno Di Giandomenico (501123) | asked Jun 14 '18, 9:05 a.m.

Hello,

we are having problems in the integration of DOORS with RTC. When a module is opened we get a DXL window opening with the following message

-R-E- DXL: <standard/changemgnt/csintStartupForCMUtils.inc:991> Error opening file conf csint_00007f05/config.dat per Write <o:p> </o:p>

Lock request timed out <o:p> </o:p>

Backtrace: <o:p> </o:p>

<standard/changemgnt/csintStartupForCMUtils.inc:1336> <o:p> </o:p>

<standard/changemgnt/csintStartupForCMUtils.inc:1347> <o:p> </o:p>

<standard/changemgnt/misc/csintconfigdialogs.inc:3367> <o:p> </o:p>

<standard/changemgnt/misc/csintconfigdialogs.inc:5237> <o:p> </o:p>

<C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\DOORS\9.6\/lib/dxl/standard/changemgnt/misc/csintConfigDialog.dxl:53>  <o:p> </o:p>

Anybody knows what it means and where this config.dat file is ?

One answer

permanent link
John Pawasauskas (511) | answered Jun 14 '18, 1:19 p.m.

That file is a module-specific file indicating the state of the change management integration for that module.  It specifies things like whether or not change management is currently enabled, what change management template it's using, etc.

The file lives on your DOORS server, where most of the time users can't directly get to.  In our system, the stuff you're looking for is under the "conf/u1000001.dir" folder. 

Comments
Bruno Di Giandomenico commented Jun 15 '18, 9:27 a.m.

Thank you for your answer. I thought it was on our PCs, so this was wrong.

The tricky question now is, any idea why this happens ? The DOORS module has been shared for a while and no problems were raised and now, for a few days, we have been receiving this message.
Any help is welcome

Bruno 

John Pawasauskas commented Jun 15 '18, 11:04 a.m.

Unfortunately no, I've never seen that particular error message before.  We have had some weirdness with the Change Management integration from time to time, but not like what you're seeing.

From the error message, and assuming that the other modules using change management are working correctly, then it sounds to me like maybe the file got locked by something and didn't get unlocked.  If this were happening on my system, I'd probably ask our admin to reboot the server and see if that resolved the issue.

If you had direct access to the server's data drive you could try some troubleshooting on the file (does it exist, can you open it, can you edit it/save changes).  You could even try deleting the file, which would "disable" change management for that module, and then re-configure the module and see if that helps.  But if you don't have access to the drive, or someone who does that's willing to help you troubleshoot, then I don't think there's a lot that you can do.

I will say that support has been helpful to us in the past, once you get past the "level 1" folks.  But that takes time.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.