It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Filter by Custom Attribute in RTC 6.0.6 RC1 client

Rakesh A (33430) | asked Jun 14 '18, 5:03 a.m.
edited Jun 14 '18, 1:45 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Hello, I am checking the RTC 6.0.6 feature, In the Search --> Jazz Source Control --> Search in RWS & Streams : There is a possibility to filter using Custom Attribute. I am not able to fetch the results using this. Please guide me. How can i achieve this.

2 answers

permanent link
Himresha d (113) | answered Sep 04 '18, 2:17 a.m.

@David Lafreniere, can you tell me how i will get the custom attributes value via java for SCM server side plugin?

Comments
David Lafreniere commented Sep 04 '18, 9:33 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Sorry Himresha, what you posted is not the 'answer' to this forum question. Since it is a different question altogether (API usage vs RTC rich client usage), please ask this question in it's own forum post. This makes it easier for everyone when looking up answers, and avoids 2 different threads of discussion on one forum question page.

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jun 14 '18, 1:40 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 04 '18, 9:35 a.m.
Can you elaborate more on what you mean by "I am not able to fetch the results using this. Please guide me. How can i achieve this."?

Note: Custom attributes are only available on Streams and not Repository Workspaces. Custom Attributes also need to be pre-defined by a Project Administrator in the Project Area configuration page (in the Web UI). The Project Area is the owner of the stream.
Ex: When in the Web UI Project Area configuration page, on the left hand navigator, click 'Source Control' --> 'Attribute Definition' and confirm that there are custom attributes available for a Stream.

You can also open up the Stream editor, and see the list of custom attributes on that stream.

If you have confirmed that the stream you are looking for does have the specified custom attribute, and is not being returned in the search results as expected (in the Search view), please open a Defect on jazz.net.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.