It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permission denied on RTCz Linux team invite

Gilbert Maredi (4683) | asked Oct 09 '09, 9:15 a.m.
I am experiencing problems on trying to sent a team invite on RTCz Linux.

Error message: Error generating team invitations.
'Generate Team Invitation 'failed. Permission denied.

I am not sure as to where must start looking.

2 answers

permanent link
Gilbert Maredi (4683) | answered Oct 12 '09, 7:31 a.m.

The ability to add team members to a team area and to generate the team invitations is controlled through permissions. Open the project area that the team area belongs to using the Eclipse client and select the 'Process Configuration' tab. Expand the 'Team Configuration' node in the tree viewer at the left hand side and select 'Permissions'. In the 'permitted actions' tree viewer on the right hand side you will see an entry 'Process' and a child of this is 'Generate Team Invitation'. Look at what role the jazz userid you are using has in this team area. and select that role in the left hand side list. I suspect you will find this permission has not been set.

These permissions are set by default by the process template you selected when you created the project area.

Thanks a lot, it worked.

Regards

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Oct 09 '09, 10:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The ability to add team members to a team area and to generate the team invitations is controlled through permissions. Open the project area that the team area belongs to using the Eclipse client and select the 'Process Configuration' tab. Expand the 'Team Configuration' node in the tree viewer at the left hand side and select 'Permissions'. In the 'permitted actions' tree viewer on the right hand side you will see an entry 'Process' and a child of this is 'Generate Team Invitation'. Look at what role the jazz userid you are using has in this team area. and select that role in the left hand side list. I suspect you will find this permission has not been set.

These permissions are set by default by the process template you selected when you created the project area.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.