It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting a summary of attributes items from artifacts inside a Module divide by chapter/header

Frank Cuijpers (115) | asked Jun 12 '18, 2:07 a.m.

Hi,

I am wondering if it is possible to generate a script/report builder report which shows me a summary of some attributes (e.g. states) of artifacts which are inside a Module divided by each chapter/header?
During a review session, I can then see which chapters are already at a certain state and which still need some attention without scrolling through the complete module/chapter...

I was already trying to do this with using the filters in DNG and then exporting it to EXCEL but export doesn't allow me to export more than 200 items... And I have a module with about 800 items.

Btw, I'm using JTS 6.0.5 iFix005 (in the Cloud) solution.
And I'm in general very interested in knowing how to use scripting in JTS (if possible at all..)

Thank you!

BR,
Frank

One answer

permanent link
Carol Watson (71016) | answered Jun 12 '18, 9:35 a.m.

Hi Frank,

There's a way to get around the 200 artifact limitation.  With all artifacts displayed, save as a  View, then click the arrow by the View name and export the View to Excel.

Good luck,
Carol

Comments
Frank Cuijpers commented Jun 12 '18, 10:21 a.m.

Hi Carol,

Thank you for sharing this information with me! I tried it and yes, it allows me to export more than 200 artifacts to EXCEL and to continue in EXCEL.
However, this is currently only a work-around for me because I would still have a way to get this summary in DNG directly.. I keep on searching.. :-)

But any way, many thanks for giving me this work-around! :-D

BR,
Frank

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.