It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is using DNG views with RPE faster?

David Clark (2341150) | asked Jun 08 '18, 3:35 p.m.

I was led to believe using DNG Views as a data source would be faster than the use of Modules.

What I discovered (or I am doing something wrong :-( ), is that they are faster if and only if you do not dynamically change Data Source Configurations. 
I cannot access dataSource/artifact/collaboration/attributes/objectType/customAttribute from the views/dataSource (only from resources/dataSource).
This is needed to determine the type of artifact so we can process the text.

So am I missing something here? I was expecting an order of magnitude increase in speed and it did if only referencing the view, but adding the Data Source Configuration resulted in no speed gain.

Looking for confirmation..

Thanks,

One answer

permanent link
Kenji Sarai (96029) | answered Jun 13 '18, 2:51 a.m.
edited Jun 13 '18, 2:54 a.m.

Hi David,

As you observe, Dynamic Data Source Configuration element causes a huge increase in the number of HTTP requests made, which results in slow performance.

Artifact's custom attributes can be retrieved from view datasource (
dataSource/info/collaboration/attributes/objectType/customAttribute). Verify the DNG OOTB template printModuleBook.dta.

Alternatively,
if you are using Jazz Reporting Service, a workaround is to create a datasource in JRS, which does not use DDSC. See https://rpeactual.com/2015/02/25/faster-and-simpler-use-jrs-queries-as-input-data-sources/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.