It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

#RPE #DNG How can I display embedded images in the primary text column in a word document?

Emely Pi (1529) | asked Jun 01 '18, 5:44 a.m.
Hi,
I have attributes in my primary text column which include an embedded image or diagram. So far, everytime I try to read out this column I get back nothing. Not even an attribute which just consists of text. I think that there might be an issue with the configuration of my data sources.
This is my URI: https://myserver:myport/rm/publish/resources?moduleURI=_BWG9gVj6Eei-rPLJSd9w-A&maximiseEmbeds=true

I can read out any attribute from any column but from the primary text and the content columns. There I get nothing.

Thank in advance!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Jun 01 '18, 11:07 a.m.
edited Jun 01 '18, 11:09 a.m.

You should use "text" (instead of "resources") schema. To get richtTextBody, the data source URI should be
https://myserver:myport/rm/publish/text?moduleURI=_BWG9gVj6Eei-rPLJSd9w-A&maximiseEmbeds=true

Emely Pi selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Emely Pi commented Jun 01 '18, 11:13 a.m.

Ok, thanks

2 other answers

permanent link
David Reilly (69240) | answered Jun 01 '18, 10:11 a.m.

Emely -

Try using "dataSource/artifact/content/text/richtTextBody/div". This should be documented in one of the example templates provided with the installation of RPE: DNG_Resources.dta.

I don't know what you mean by Primary Text column in a word document. With more details, I'm sure myself or someone else on the forum would be willing to help. 

David

Comments
Emely Pi commented Jun 01 '18, 10:25 a.m.
Hi,
thanks for the answer. I tried using "dataSource/artifact/content/text/richtTextBody/div" and nothing was printed into my word document. I also tried "dataSource/artifact/primaryText" with the same result. This is why I am thinking something is wrong with my URI.

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Jun 01 '18, 10:52 a.m.
edited Jun 01 '18, 10:53 a.m.

Are you using Data Source Configuration element in the template to configure data source URI dynamically? If so, appending maximiseEmbeds=true parameter to the "URI" (of Data Source Configuration element) should work.

Comments
Emely Pi commented Jun 01 '18, 11:00 a.m.

No, I don't use the data source configuration element. I just use the data source from the data source view.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.