It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to find Stream name from IChangeSet/Component object from RTC using RTC client plain java libraries?

Jagadeesh Marada (23112) | asked Jun 01 '18, 5:33 a.m.
edited Jun 01 '18, 1:29 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Hello Techies,

I just want to find the stream name of a change set,Where I have Changeset Object.is there any Api to get it?

2 answers

permanent link
YuanYou Yin (237) | answered Jun 01 '18, 5:48 a.m.

I have download the RTC-Client-plainJavaLib-6.0.2,in it there is a folder snippets,it is the example code.

Maybe it can give you a hint.

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jun 01 '18, 1:29 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It is important to understand that a change set (IChangeSet instance) is not associated with any stream or repository workspace at all, so your question does not really make sense.

An change set may or may not exist in the 'history' of a repository workspace (ex: In Eclipse or VS, if you were to right-click on a component in a workspace/stream and select "Show" --> "History", the change set may or may not exist in that list of change sets shown in the History view).

You can use the following server API to determine if a change set "exists in a stream/workspace":
   IScmQueryService.findLocateChangeSets(ILocateChangeSetsSearchCriteria scope, IRepositoryProgressMonitorHandle repoMonitor)

Or you can use the following client-side API to determine if a change set "exists in a stream/workspace":
   IWorkspaceManager.locateChangeSets(ILocateChangeSetsSearchCriteria scope, IProgressMonitor monitor)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.