It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the best way to report which (global) configurations contain a certain requirement?

Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | asked May 29 '18, 8:31 a.m.
retagged Feb 07 '19, 7:38 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)

CLM 6.0.5, DOORS Next with Global Configurations, RELM, LQE with Configurations.

Assuming I have a requirements module in a single DNG component with n different streams (representing e.g. variants).Assuming a single requirement is part of that module only for x of the n streams (x <= n).

Using the ID, module and component as input how can I most easily display a report to show for a single requirement:
"Requirement with ID 123456 is part of module ABC of component XYZ in:
Stream 1, Stream 2, Stream 5, Stream 8, Baseline 4711"
?

In our example the n streams are both local configurations as well as each part of one of n global configurations.

We are trying to achieve an understanding for which variants a particular requirement is valid - information which should be derived by looking at the streams for which the requirement is part of the module in question. Concrete example: Requirement 123456 might be a core requirement "Door must be painted blue" and could be part of Streams "VariantA_noDoor", "VariantB_steelDoor", "VariantC_woodenDoor". The report would give valuable information to the the engineer analyzing the requirement, especially as the total number of variants gets into the 100s.

- Arne

One answer

permanent link
Kathryn Fryer (503147) | answered May 29 '18, 6:18 p.m.

Hi Ulf,
See if this provides what you need:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.team.jp.jrs.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_jrs_cfg_artifact.html

I did notice that I got results both for the base artifact and for the module-bound artifact.

To include the GC, you can try starting with the GC:
Configuration > Contribution > Configuration 1 > selections > version resouce > isVersionOf > RequirementType
                                                                          > Component > Component
You could make the initial Contribution optional if you have LCs that don't contribute to a GC. Or not bother with it.

If you want to see if it's in a stream or baseline, include the "mutable" attribute for the Configuration. But don't include any attributes for the requirement itself (beyond the ID) because they could vary and the query isn't actually scoped to the configuration. You can hover over the requirement link for a preview.

Hope that helps.

Comments
Ulf Arne Bister commented May 30 '18, 2:39 a.m.

Duh!
This seems to be exactly what I was looking for. It also let me discover the flaw in my thinking yesterday: obviously when looking for ALL configurations using the datasource "LQE scoped by configuration" is not going to get me anywhere :-)
I will try this and mark the answer accepted as soon as I verified.
Thanks a lot for the speedy reply.

gg,
Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.