It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to link a Collection or Module to a Work Item in RTC 6.01?

Myra Wilson (111) | asked May 23 '18, 4:00 p.m.
retagged Sep 21 '18, 2:14 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Is there a way to link a Collection or Module to a Work Item in RTC 6.01?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered May 24 '18, 11:02 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Myra
Yes there is. There are many options, or better said, link types. The most typical one is the ImplementedBy.
The typical model demonstrated by the JKE Banking sample is that a collection is linked to a development plan in RTC.

Take a look at some of the tutorials in the Knowledge Center

Are you running into issues?
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Timothy Distel (73148) | answered Aug 07 '18, 8:10 a.m.

Rosa,

There are 3 different times this question was posed. Once in 2015, once in 2016, and this question, which was May of 2018. Both former questions had the response that no this is not possible. Rosa you say this is possible and then cite some tutorials in the knowledge center but I still don't see anything that elaborates on linking a requirement collection to a work item. Does anyone have information on a work around to getting a link in place from a collection in DNG to a work item in RTC?

permanent link
Softacus AG (2013) | answered Aug 07 '18, 8:57 a.m.

Here is the workaround.

You can make the name of the module and name of the first heading in module identical. Link first heading with workitem. 
When you click on the requirements link in RTC it will open full module.
Does this work for you? 

permanent link
Timothy Distel (73148) | answered Aug 07 '18, 9:31 a.m.

I am actually looking specifically to link from a collection in RDNG to a work item in RTC. I am just specifying as you mentioned modules and module headings. The reason the linking ability is not built in from collection to work item is because the linking is designed to be at the same level from group item to group item (which explains why collection to plan is available) not group item to individual item. I did find a work around however. In 6.0.3, you can add an "External Link To" from the collection to the work item by simply copying the URL for the work item and pasting it into the URL for the external link. You are also able to name the link. From the opposite direction, you can "Add Related Artifacts" from work items in RTC to the collection by doing the same as above. Copy the URL for the collection, paste it into the URL for the link, and give it a title. The one drawback is because this is using external linking, no rich hover is available. Also a small note, say you are on a secondary tab of the work item "Links" when you copy the url for the link to the work item from the collection. When you select the link to navigate to the work item from the collection, it will take you to that second tab "Links". This seems to be the best solution for my question currently.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.