It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to install the DB2 license "included" in the RTC license ?

Jean-Michel Athane (671212) | asked May 23 '18, 9:55 a.m.
edited May 23 '18, 10:29 a.m.
Hi,
A customer of mine purchased RTC licences (12 workgroup). The doc says that DB2 licences are "included". What is exactly the process for obtaining and installing these DB2 licences ?
The problem is that 3 months after the installation of RTC and DB2 (the configuration worked fine), DB2 services refuse to start complaining that the "temporary license" has expired. We certainly missed something during the installation.
We find nothing in the doc about the process of obtaining and installing DB2 licences "included" in RTC licences.
Thanks a lot !

Comments
Michael Afshar commented May 23 '18, 11:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Where did you download Db2? This page indicates that the free trial version of Db2 is available for evaluation purposes.

Ralph Schoon commented May 23 '18, 11:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The problem with the trial versions from that site is that the license expires and you ask the question that is asked here. I recall for some products there was also no way to install a license without a reinstall. Not sure that was WAS or DB2.

2 answers

permanent link
Jean-Michel Athane (671212) | answered May 23 '18, 11:54 a.m.
Thanks for your answers !
The DB2 download apparently contained an evaluation license, which now expired.

In the RTC "optional programs" download page you mention, it is stated that :
" Each purchased client license for Collaborative Lifecycle Management includes a license for one instance of IBM Db2 Workgroup Server Edition." (the DB2 edition we installed)

So my question is : what does "includes" mean exactly, technically speaking ?
 - Is there a license file that should be packaged with the RTC license my customer purchased ? (apparently not).
 - Is there a DB2 license file downloadable from Passport Advantage for the RTC users ? (apparently not)
 - Is there a DB2 "for RTC" downloadable from a special place ? (apparently not)

thanks for your help

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 23 '18, 1:46 p.m. | edited May 23 '18, 1:54 p.m.
If you purchase licenses you get access to IBM Passport Advantage for download. Part of the purchasing process is to get the access and set up responsible people to maintain it. There would be versions with licenses or license files or something. This depends on the product.

As I said, get in contact with IBM support if Passport Advantage does not ring a bell. Better get in contact even then, don't waste the time.

Jean-Michel Athane commented May 23 '18, 1:56 p.m. | edited unknown
Ralph, I do appreciate that you took time to answer.
We already contacted the support (it is the first thing we did).
The answer is following :
"You should be available to obtain the license from Passport Advantage. If not, you should reach out to your IBM sales representative to see why you are not granted access to the license.
"
But this does not help a lot...
The IBM sales representative does not know how to solve the problem. This is why I posted this question to this forum.
Thanks anyway for your efforts.

Ralph Schoon commented May 23 '18, 1:57 p.m. | edited May 23 '18, 1:58 p.m.
There is a DB2 Download on Passport Advantage as far as I know. You should have access to the version you are entitled to use. For DB2 you will most likely down load a full version file.There might be no license file or license server.

Contact support.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 23 '18, 11:27 a.m.

You want to contact support ASAP.

From what I remember the suggestion was to download a full version of the DB 2 version included from the passport advantage server. the customer should be able to find the DB2 version they are entitled to use. The download should contain a license. You should be able to install the full version of DB2 and use it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.