It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Access Data from RTC URL

Rohit Kumar Sharma (112) | asked May 23 '18, 6:07 a.m.
edited May 23 '18, 6:09 a.m.

I am trying to access data from rtc site using after referring below url but getting error.

Referred URL: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/rational-team-concert-oslc/index.html

Error:

<noscript><div id="net-jazz-ajax-NoScriptMessage">Javascript is either disabled or not available in your Browser</div></noscript>

<div id="net-jazz-ajax-InitialLoadMessage">Loading...</div>

<div id="net-jazz-ajax-WorkbenchRoot"></div>

Kindly help. Thanks in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 23 '18, 9:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 23 '18, 9:15 a.m.

Unfortunately there is not a lot of useful information about what you do and why. I have seen the error message quite often and usually the reason is:

The page you try to open is a simple html page that you probably try to open using a REST service call. That is not going to work. that kind of pages need to be openend using a browser.

Comments
Rohit Kumar Sharma commented May 23 '18, 9:32 a.m. | edited May 23 '18, 9:36 a.m.

So, you mean to say that, we can't access such page using REST API, if we want to open then we need to open the browser manually & check for the content?

Ralph Schoon commented May 23 '18, 9:36 a.m.

Use REST against pages that are providing a REST interface. Use a browser for HTML pages. You need to understand the API you are working against.

Since you don't provide any useful information about what you try, this is it for answers from me. Consider to improve your questions in the future. How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers? has some hints.

Good luck!

Geoffrey Clemm commented May 26 '18, 10:01 p.m.
For example, you could include the code that you were trying to use.   But more importantly, reading the content of a URL that references an html page has nothing to do with RTC or Jazz, so this wouldn't be the forum to use for this question.   Reading the content of a URL that references something in an RTC repository would be related to RTC and Jazz. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.