It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get the file items from the component's baseline part of a Snapshot programatically ?

Jazzuser user (68849) | asked May 22 '18, 12:38 a.m.
edited Jun 01 '18, 2:41 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Hello All,

I have a scenario wherein I need to get all the file item versions part of the Component baseline directly instead getting the files from the Changeset.

Why I require this : In a given snapshot, a single file can be part of multiple CSs. I finally need the file versions of that file, part of this snapshot, for my further logics. So if i traverse from CS, i will get the file item, but its version might be one.

Are there any APIs, that I can get the File item information directly from the Component Baseline, instead of going through the CSs and then fetching the files ? OR is there any other way to get all the file versions of a file part of snapshot ?

Request you to assist on this.

Thank you.

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jun 01 '18, 2:40 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Instead of inspecting the change sets to get the files, you can get the baseline configuration (which is basically the full folder/file tree at the time the baseline was created)
See:
IConfiguration configuration = IBaselineConnection.configuration()
You can then traverse the file tree using:
   configuration.childEntriesForRoot(IProgressMonitor monitor)
and recursive calls of:
   configuration.childEntries(List folderHandles, IProgressMonitor monitor)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.