It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using RPE template to export DNG module to Word - User Select Variable to print only certain artifacts

Shannon Struttmann (13211) | asked May 15 '18, 12:49 p.m.

Hello,

I am using RPE to export modules to Word. I plan on uploading the templates to DNG so users can do this themselves. In some cases, I want the user to be able to select an attribute from an enumerated list, or drop-down menu, and only export those artifacts pertaining to that attribute. For example:

I have a requirement spec which has requirements specific to different customers. These artifacts have an enumerated list customer attribute. Say I want to only export requirements pertaining to Customer 1. When exporting to Word, I want to be able to select Customer 1 from an enumerated list (or even multiple customers).

I know I can have external variables in my document template, but I don't know how to have that variable reflect the enumerated list attribute. How can I set an external variable to reflect an enumerated list attribute?

Any assistance would be appreciated. Are there resources somewhere that I can read up on this?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered May 17 '18, 9:34 a.m.

For enumerated list of values, you need to use itemId and literalName. You can use itemId for filtering. Use a RPE variable (custValues) and append the literalName (dataSource/artifact/collaboration/attributes/objectType/customAttribute/literalName) returned for the artifact, check if the value of external variable is a substring of custValues.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.