It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

#RPE #DNG How can I add attributes from a DNG module to the data source schema in RPE?

Emely Pi (1529) | asked May 09 '18, 8:41 a.m.

Hi,

I have custom attributes (like addtional information, comments, etc.) in a DNG module. I want to add these attributes to a table in RPE. How can I add these attributes to the data source schema in RPE so that I can access and use them in the template?

Thanks in advance!

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered May 09 '18, 12:46 p.m.
edited May 15 '18, 1:07 p.m.

You need not modify the schema as it already includes the custom attributes (dataSource/artifact/collaboration/attributes/objectType/customAttribute), which you can use in RPE template.
You can add a condition (name == "additional information") or data filter on dataSource/artifact/collaboration/attributes/objectType/customAttribute/name and print dataSource/artifact/collaboration/attributes/objectType/customAttribute/value

Comments
Emely Pi commented May 10 '18, 3:12 p.m.

Could you give me an example?

I have a custom attribute "additional information" which I'd like to read out. It only consists of text (string). How would I do that? 

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented May 15 '18, 1:11 p.m.

You can refer this simple example template that depicts filter usage as well as using condition on Text element.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.