It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to query a customized attribute with type iteration in JRS?

jane zhou (106865) | asked May 04 '18, 11:51 a.m.

Hi Someone who may concern,
          We are working on RTC 6.0.4.
          We have a customized attribute with type as iteration in our RTC project. we can query this attribute and add this attribute in column display in RTC directly. however, when we tried to query it in JRS, we found we can not find this attribute in condition or in column display.
           At the same time, the default attribute "Plan For"'s type is also iteration, it can be shown in JRS as condition or column display.
          So, we tried to create a customized attribute with type as iteration in other project, the issue is the same. 
          So we are wondering whether JRS can not support to show customized attribute with type iteration?
          Or, we need to configure something to make it show up?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Jane Zhou

One answer

permanent link
Kenji Sarai (96029) | answered May 07 '18, 1:56 a.m.

Hi Jane,

I am sure RTC workitem custom attribute (Iteration) is supported in JRS 6.0.4.

I would suggest to run test query in Advanced section in BUILD.
select * from RICALM.REQUEST_ITERATION_EXT

The name of custom attribute and iteration id should be returned.

If so, the problem might be meta model in JRS. Refresh the meta model in JRS > Admin > Data sources > Refresh button (on top right).

If not, DCC job or Insight ETL job has not been executed or there is something wrong in these jobs. Check if there is any errors in the logs for these jobs. Best contact IBM support.

Comments
jane zhou commented May 07 '18, 10:50 a.m.

Hi Kenji,

Thanks for your reply!
       May I clarify the way you suggest to do test?

In JRS, in "Format Results" tab, select Advanced
       And in section "SPARQL query", write the sql sentence you suggest?

I have tried, delete all contents in this section, and only write the sentence you mentioned, then click Validate Query,  
      Then, I got the following error:

jane zhou commented May 07 '18, 10:51 a.m.

CRRGW5605E An com.hp.hpl.jena.query.QueryParseException error occurred when validating the input SPARQL string, caused by Lexical error at line 2, column 44. Encountered: <EOF> after : "RICALM.REQUEST_ITERATION_EXT ". 10:47:18 AM

jane zhou commented May 07 '18, 10:53 a.m.

Could you provide us more detailed on how to run the query for iteration?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Jane Zhou

Kenji Sarai commented May 07 '18, 9:35 p.m.

There is a misunderstanding. I assume you are using DWH data source, but actually it is LQE. Please mention which data source you are using in JRS in your first question because they are very different. I do not have answer for LQE. Will update if I have something.  

jane zhou commented May 08 '18, 11:25 a.m.

Hi Kenji,

Sorry, I did not realized the data source will impact the result.
       Yes, our IT said DWH is stopped to update, we need to use LQE as data source.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Jane Zhou 

Kenji Sarai commented May 08 '18, 10:29 p.m.

I only find this description.
https://jazz.net/library/article/1559
"Some of these attributes correspond to an existing artifact type (such as Work Item, Iteration, Timeline, and Release) and are now available as traceability links from Work Item. The name of the link includes the name of the attribute and the word “(Custom)” in the appropriate locale."

So it is possible to use Iteration custom attribute since RTC 6.0.3 in the condition as above.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.