It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What causes "Path name was not found" error CRCQP3515E - solved

jeff tickner (51710) | asked Apr 26 '18, 9:02 a.m.

I just wanted to put a post on here about an error we had in our JBE Build with the Continuous Load - IBM i build definition. We are using RTC 6.02 on Linux with the JBE running on V7R2 IBM i.

We got this error AFTER the build had put the source on the IBM i in the build library which caused the build to end.
It turned out to be an authority issue on the build engine profile, we gave the profile *ALLOBJ on the IBM i where the JBE was running and the error went away. The log never identifies the path at issue and if we knew that we could probably reduce the authority.

2018-04-24 10:33:40 [IBM i File System Agent] CRCQP5101I: Processing change of type MODIFY
2018-04-24 10:33:40 [IBM i File System Agent] CRCQP5110I: Processing file .properties
2018-04-24 10:33:40 [IBM i File System Agent] CRCQP5115I: Processing source physical file metadata file
2018-04-24 10:33:41 [IBM i File System Agent] CRCQP5100I: Running command CHGSRCPF FILE(INTL_BLD/QDDSSRC) TEXT('')
2018-04-24 10:33:41 [IBM i Jazz Source Control Build Participant] CRCQP3515E: The following error occurred while loading artifacts from the repository workspace: Path name was not found.
Path name was not found.
com.ibm.teami.build.internal.scm.IBMISourceControlUtility$1: Status ERROR: com.ibm.teami.filesystem.client code=3 Path name was not found. com.ibm.as400.access.ExtendedIOException: Path name was not found.
at com.ibm.teami.build.internal.scm.IBMISourceControlUtility.updateFileCopyArea(IBMISourceControlUtility.java:100)
at com.ibm.teami.build.internal.engine.JazzScmPreBuildParticipant.preBuild(JazzScmPreBuildParticipant.java:259)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop.invokePreBuildParticipants(BuildLoop.java:1072)
at com.ibm.team.build.internal.engine.BuildLoop$4.run(BuildLoop.java:878)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:767)
Caused by: com.ibm.as400.access.ExtendedIOException: Path name was not found.
at com.ibm.as400.access.IFSFileOutputStreamImplRemote.open(IFSFileOutputStreamImplRemote.java:248)
at com.ibm.as400.access.IFSFileOutputStreamImplRemote.connectAndOpen(IFSFileOutputStreamImplRemote.java:71)
at com.ibm.as400.access.IFSFileOutputStream.connectAndOpen(IFSFileOutputStream.java:597)
at com.ibm.as400.access.IFSFileOutputStream.myConstructor(IFSFileOutputStream.java:389)
at com.ibm.as400.access.IFSFileOutputStream.<init>(IFSFileOutputStream.java:270)
at com.ibm.as400.access.IFSFileOutputStream.<init>(IFSFileOutputStream.java:236)
at com.ibm.teami.filesystem.client.internal.metadata.IBMiMetadataWriter.saveLibrary(IBMiMetadataWriter.java:53)
at com.ibm.teami.filesystem.client.internal.metadata.IBMiMetadataWriter.saveLibrary(IBMiMetadataWriter.java:34)
at com.ibm.teami.filesystem.client.internal.operations.LoadICmd.loadWorkspace(LoadICmd.java:940)
at com.ibm.teami.filesystem.client.internal.operations.LoadIOperation.run(LoadIOperation.java:134)
at com.ibm.teami.build.internal.scm.IBMISourceControlUtility.updateFileCopyArea(IBMISourceControlUtility.java:94)
... 4 more

One answer

permanent link
jeff tickner (51710) | answered Apr 26 '18, 9:03 a.m.

Gave the build profile *ALLOBJ on IBM i where JBE was running

Comments
Sean Babineau commented Apr 26 '18, 9:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I love it when questions come with their own answers!
I've opened a defect to improve the logging, so the unauthorized resources can be discovered, to help with more precise authorization than *ALLOBJ. https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/458234

~Sean.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.