It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

is integration with GHE available for RTCv5.0.2

Kate Lin (1514) | asked Apr 25 '18, 10:07 p.m.
retagged Apr 30 '18, 2:33 p.m. by Michael Afshar (7014)

Hi,

I am trying to configure the RTC v5.0.2 integrated with GitHub Enterprise. I've set up the Webhooks and got errors.

Does integration with GHE work for V5.0.2? From the Jazz.net, it only said integration with GHE from v6.0.1 so I suspect this integration won't work for v5.0.2 and I need an upgrade to v6.0.x. Please advice. thanks.

Steps

1. follow the procedure to configure the WebHook -> https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSJJ9R_6.0.1/com.ibm.team.connector.cq.doc/topics/t_git_hub_ent_commit_linking.html. It's a 6.X guide and assume it works the same in 5.0.2
  2. made a change in git and commit with comment "comment for workitem 6862". #6862 is the work item # in RTC.

Current Behavior

I got this error in the WebHook page

========================

Content-Length: 0
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 08:55:34 GMT
Location: https://9.191.66.235:9443/ccm/authenticated/identity?redirectPath=%2Fccm%2Fservice%2Fcom.ibm.team.git.common.internal.IGitHubInvokeService
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=9D2F342C5118FD35F0D6B5463CACAEF5; Path=/ccm/; Secure; HttpOnly
X-com-ibm-team-repository-web-auth-msg: authrequired

Accepted answer

permanent link
Beth Beese (312) | answered Apr 30 '18, 11:22 a.m.

Hello Kate-

My name is Beth and I am the BizDev manager for IBM at Tasktop. You can verify all the RLIA-Tasktop Edition supported integrations (and applicable versions) here:

I agree that based on the systems and versions you mention the integration should work. Are you working on getting RLIA-TE configured for your production environment? Are you working with IBM team or a business partner to support your efforts? 

Let me know how I can help, 
BB

Kate Lin selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kate Lin commented May 01 '18, 10:57 p.m.

Hi, Beth

I am working for IBM. My understanding RTC claims GitHub Enterprise integration since 6.0.1 and we are still at 5.0.2.

Is the adapter support the integration for 5.0.2?

2 other answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 25 '18, 10:23 p.m.

I cannot say whether it is supported or not, but what you received is not an "error". I believe the response is an HTTP 302, and you need to follow the link in the "Location" header. The header "X-com-ibm-team-repository-web-auth-msg: authrequired" means that you need to authenticate to CCM first.

Comments
Kate Lin commented Apr 25 '18, 10:35 p.m.

Hi, Donald,
thank you for the quick response.

it was a HTTP 302 response. I followed the link and it direct me to the logon page and after I authenticated myself, I got the following error.

HTTP Status 503 - CRJAZ1168E The following service was requested but cannot run: com.ibm.team.git.common.internal.IGitHubInvokeService

type Status report

message CRJAZ1168E The following service was requested but cannot run: com.ibm.team.git.common.internal.IGitHubInvokeService

description The requested service is not currently available.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.54

further question - how do I configure to authenticate to CCM? which step I might miss? thanks.

Donald Nong commented Apr 25 '18, 11:38 p.m.

Sorry. No experience with this particular configuration.

permanent link
Kate Lin (1514) | answered Jul 26 '18, 12:07 a.m.

I have upgrade the server to 6.0.6 and the integration has been done successfully. thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.