It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can we rename the Root folder in a RDNG Project?

Troy Niles (174) | asked Apr 25 '18, 11:44 a.m.

We can rename the project in RDNG, however we do not know how to rename the root project folder. The root project folder has several sub-folders. Is there a way to rename the root project folder?

Thanks in advanced.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Apr 25 '18, 11:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 25 '18, 11:59 a.m.

Hi Troy,

You cannot rename the root folder.  There's an existing Request for Enhancement (RFE) for this.  Here's the link.
RFE 107696: Rename Root Folder of Project Area

I followed the links from the RFE and it looks like this will be available in 6.0.6
118954: Root folder icon should be removed or replaced

I hope that answers your question.

Troy Niles selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Amit Garg (311949) | answered Sep 14 '18, 4:11 a.m.

Troy, you can rename the root folder. I have tried in 6.0.4 with configuration Management enabled and it worked for me. You have to rename the initial component (with same name as the project area) which gets created when the project area is initialized. 

Click on  'Manage Components and Configurations' from within DNG project area. The new page/screen you land on, rename it and it shall change the root folder. Do not forget to change the names of streams (if any)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.