It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do we attach the Maven report to the Actual Result in RQM?

Maria Amalan (784164) | asked Apr 25 '18, 5:57 a.m.

In my Automation framework, we are using Selenium/Java and Maven as the build management tool. In another project where Maven is not used, when I added this line to the bat file, it executed the testcases and then attached the report from the mentioned location to the actual result.

ECHO ExecutionReport=C:/Automation Workspace/CIO_Rational_RQM/Result/Report/RQM-Test-Report.html >> "%qm_AttachmentsFile%"

However, when I use the same line in my bat file to execute my Maven project, the results are not getting attached to the actual execution result. Is there some reason why this line does not work in Maven? 

One answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered May 07 '18, 9:33 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Maria,

It should work as the supported syntax is not really dependent on build management tool, just ensure that the file exist. and you have read permission. Few release back, we had some issue related to non-english characters in the attachment path but it is not the issue in recent versions,
 - Could you confirm which version of RQM/adapter you are using?
 - Do you have any error reported?

Regards,
Mehul

Comments
Maria Amalan commented May 08 '18, 1:51 a.m.

Thanks for replying, Mehul.
I am using adapter version 6.0.5 and no, i don't see any errors. The execution passes but the report is just not getting appended to the result. And the file definitely exists in the mentioned location.

Mehul Patel commented May 11 '18, 4:25 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Maria,

I would suggest to enable adapter logging and check if that has some additional details for the failure. Another post describes how to enable this logging, please refer it at  Enable Adapter library logging.

Regards,
Mehul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.