It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to clean up RTC attributes

nannette Mori (50572) | asked Apr 19 '18, 12:55 p.m.

We have an issue where we have many attributes that are no longer used, or have been converted and in doing so created more attributes that are named similar to the originals. Needless to say this has created a bit of user confusion, but it has also impacted JRS were it's made some attributes totally unusable.

What would we need to do to go into the database and modify the attribute IDs?

What would we need to do in addition to make sure RTC still functions without issue afterwards?

Is it possible to actually remove them without impacting the existing references and links to them?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 20 '18, 3:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 20 '18, 3:28 a.m.

I am not aware that you can delete custom attributes at the moment. I think there are enhancement requests for that.
What I have used so far, and suggested to others, is to change the Attribute Display name to something like "zzzz_deprecated OldName".

This tell users in Queries and reporting to stay away from that stuff and sorts it to the end.

Comments
Cesar Sasaki commented Apr 20 '18, 11:31 a.m.

I have tried deleting the custom attributes by id on the XML. You must delete everything on the xml with that id : permissions, presentations, custom attribute definition and custom attribute on workitem.

I succeded but I used not in a production environment, I extracted the template and delete some custom attributes on the template and then create a new PA.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.