It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RDNG - How can we restrict project member read access within a project?

Troy Niles (174) | asked Apr 16 '18, 11:17 a.m.

In the requirement management workset, we have several team members that all have access to Project Area A. Project A comprises of several folders, we would like to restrict read access to team members on some of the folders within Project A. Is there a way to do this?

In summary, currently, all of our members are able to view all folders, we need to restrict READ access to certain team members.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Apr 18 '18, 1:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Troy,

To me, it sounds like the feature mentioned in this Request for Enhancement (RFE) record.  This feature is not available but there is a RFE record for it.  I'd suggest voting and adding it to your watchlist if you'd like to see this feature implemented.

111877: DNG - Read Access Control

I hope this helps.

permanent link
Norman Dignard (356688167) | answered Apr 18 '18, 2:26 p.m.

You can add users to the access control list of a project .  Users in the access list inherit the Everyone role permissions which you can change according to your needs.   I seem to also recall that you can restrict access to specific modules/folders as well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.