It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is replacement of RSADM (from CLM version 5.0.2) application in CLM version 6.0.5

vikrant kamble (1323196) | asked Apr 16 '18, 4:35 a.m.
edited Apr 16 '18, 4:38 a.m.

Hello Team,

We are doing upgrade for a client. Current version of CLM is 5.0.2 with JTS, CCM, QM, RM, DM (RSADM), and VVC applications. On version 5.0.2 they have deployed RSADM (Design Manager for Rational Software Architect) and DM war files. They are accessing design manager application with context root /dm. I think because they have deployed RSADM they also had to deploy configuration management application which is accessed with context root /vvc (Default context root). 
As far as I know there is no application for configuration management in CLM 6.0.5 and we are getting Rhapsody Design Manager packaged with Jazz Team Server for Design Management. If I upgrade CLM 5.0.2 to CLM 6.0.5 what will be the replacement for RSADM and VVC applications? Are these applications existing in CLM 6.0.5 as well or I will have to replace these applications with Rhapsody Design Manager? What will happen to all the data and project areas inside configuration management (VVC) application? Please note that there are too many project areas in Design Management applications and I don't want to lose these project areas after upgrade. 
If I summarize the problem statement - "What should be the application to use for design management in CLM 6.0.5 (which is upgraded from CLM 5.0.2) with all the data restored from DM of CLM 5.0.2

One answer

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Apr 16 '18, 6:56 a.m.

Hi,
I can give you half an answer so far:
Starting in version 6.0.1, Design Management application is based on local versioning instead of VVC to be aligned with other CLM applications. When you fill out the interactive upgrade guide for e.g. version 6.0.5 you get detailed instructions on how to export and reimport VVC data during upgrade from 5.0.2:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_6.0.5/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/roadmap_clm_upgrade.html

That said, DM (Design Manager) apparently stopped shipping with the RSA integration (or offering to download it?) in version 6.0.3
Somebody else will have to answer that part or follow up on whether DM 5.0.2 can be upgraded to 6.0.3 and above and retain integration with RSA

- Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.