It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM v4.0.2 Shared Queries keeps changing its column settings automatically

Darshan Patel (7133) | asked Apr 13 '18, 11:19 a.m.

Hi Team,

1) Only i have permission to change/edit/update the shared query  in RQM.
2) I changed the column settings for one of shared query (saved/updated it since it already exists) and put it on dashboard. I have also selected "Remember the current column settings for this query" option while updating this shared query.
3) After some time, i noticed the column settings changed by it self
4) I am sure i am the only person in the team has role based permission to edit the shared query

I am not sure if we have any settings which can keep the column settings saved under 4.0.2. I am wondering if we have a history URL for RQM shared query same as RTC where we can find who last updated the shared query. I am not sure if anyone changing it OR this is a default behavior or a defect? I can find the history of a dashboard via feed URL but can't do anything for shared query. Also, is their any way i can fetch this history information via OSLC or REST API for the shared queries? 

Any response/suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards,
Darshan

2 answers

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Apr 25 '18, 11:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Darshan

One thing to keep in mind here is that version 4.2 of Quality Manager is no longer under maintenance. This means no defect fixes will be ported to the any of the 4.x versions
As Elohim noted, you are certainly welcome to submit a defect but it would not effect any of the 4.x versions
I would highly recommend upgraded to a version that has full maintenance support (5.x or higher )

permanent link
Elohim Arranaga (2461) | answered Apr 25 '18, 10:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Darshan, answering some of your questions: 

>do we have any settings which can keep the column settings saved
>do we have a history URL for RQM shared query
>is their any way i can fetch this history information via OSLC or REST API for the shared queries?
The answer for the 3 of them would be no, we don't have that capability at the moment, however they sound like very good enhancements so if you are in need for those features you can open up a RFE  (request for enhancement) for us. 

> I am not sure if anyone changing it OR this is a default behavior or a defect?
If you are sure you are the only one with permissions and the columns still change that could be a defect, I suggest to open up a ticket for support so we can investigate the problem more thoroughly.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.