It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

#RPE #DNG - How can I read out a module from DNG with RPE so that its structure remains intact?

Emely Pi (1529) | asked Apr 11 '18, 8:45 a.m.
edited Apr 11 '18, 8:48 a.m.

I have a specification in DNG contained in a module consisting of several artifacts. Everytime I try to read the specification out with RPE I get all of the artifacts contained in the module but not in the specific order. To be clear, my component includes several modules and several folders with a lot of artifacts. I need a specific specification with the order of artifacts as shown in DNG to be read out by RPE. But everytime I try to do this I get all of the artifacts in the folder in no specific order. How can I maintain the order?

Comments
Kumaraswamy Gowda commented Apr 11 '18, 12:43 p.m.

Hi Emely,

I'm a little confused. Is the RPE template printing contents of a module? or is it printing several modules and folders?
Could you share screenshot of your template and document specification?

Because, AFAIR, reporting on folders wasn't supported between DNG-RPE. I wanted to see if you have a way to input list of modules in the specification.

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Apr 11 '18, 1:24 p.m.

If you are reporting on module, you can sort on "Section" so that the artifacts are printed in same order.
If you can refer to sample template DNG_Module.dta (in %rpe_home%\templates\DNG), select the query $2 and sort on dataSource/artifact/moduleContext/contextBinding/section

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.