It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

To convert my locale from English to Chinese

Achla Mahendroo (13110) | asked Apr 11 '18, 6:38 a.m.

I installed my CLM using default English language. Now i want to see the application in other language say Chinese or French. Is this possible to convert the language without doing fresh CLM install?

Do we have any language localization pack which can be deployed and can help in converting from English to other language?

This is mainly for the RTC application in CLM.

If i change the Enumeration value from the backend from English to Chinese, will this update the literals value in the source code?

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Apr 11 '18, 7:34 p.m.

Hi, Achla

You would first need to update CLM from Installation Manager and add Chinese(Simplified and/or Traditional Chinese)
to install language pack(you would need to add install repository to installation manager so that Update can go ahead)

Then you can change browser locale to Chinese(simplified or traditional), It depends on what you want to see in your project area and work item, Those head menus could changed to Chinese but if your project area was created with English locale(browser), some menus will not convert to Chinese even though you set browser to Chinese), So if you want to have a complete Chinese base project area, you need to set browser locale to Chinese and create a new project area from there.
If you update Enumeration value to Chinese, I believe source code will update literals value to Chinese.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.