It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

the 2+ hops CLM upgrade to 6.0.4 from SQLserver DBs to RapidDB DBs possible?

long TRUONG (3654118146) | asked Apr 06 '18, 1:03 p.m.

In preparation for a 2+ hops upgrade 4.0.5 to 5.0.2 + iFix 5.0.2 to 6.0.4:

• current CLM 4.0.5 topology: JTS/RRC, RTC, and RQM on 3 separate Linux hosts respectively.
  • target topology: Single Linux server host for JTS and RTC (RRC and RQM will be dropped)
  • WAS is application server
Currently on SQLserver 2008: Is there anyway to implement the upgrade to rapidDB DBs, company standard now? IBM don't support rapidDB and I don't know enough to tell what "rapidDB got SQLserver too, not only Oracle" actually means.

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 09 '18, 3:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can go to the RTC download page and open the System requirements. In Prequisites>Databases you can see the supported data bases and the supported versions.

In General supported DB's for production systems are DB2, Oracle, SQL Server.

RapidDB is not in the list of supported databases.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 09 '18, 9:28 p.m.

If I read it correctly, RapidDB is a set of "libraries", not the actual database backend. So I suppose your company is still using SQL Server.

Is it possible that RapidDB will be the standard for any custom-built applications in your company? In this case, it only applies to custom-built applications. Requesting an off-the-shelf product to support RapidDB is a completely different story.

Comments
long TRUONG commented Apr 11 '18, 12:42 a.m.

Would you speculate as I do, that if RapidDB allows same connection, and  if, besides its own simpler access, it also allows native SQLserver access to pass through, then it would be a transparent layer to CLM?

Donald Nong commented Apr 11 '18, 2:43 a.m.

Sorry, I have no idea how RapidDB will be implemented.

permanent link
long TRUONG (3654118146) | answered Sep 27 '18, 3:41 p.m.

Not sure if this is an answer or comments.

Have completed a fresh installation of RTC 6.0.4 on DEV with Rapid-SQL DBs ( 2 flavors of Rapid DBs, SQL and Oracle) a few months ago. Even though it only got the sample PA of JKE Banking and there has not been much activities, it seems Rapid-SQL DBs have not caused any issue, and behave just like any other SQL DBs.
Can't say I understand what exactly is RapidDB, but so far it looks to me like just a wrapper on top, geared to enterprise DBs management, with shared servers among projects, and with more self-serving capacities to the dev project teams who could gain full access to the DBs, including creating DBs, in lower lanes.

All else go on just like any old SQL servers, but for the supporting DBAs, claiming they are non-DBAs supporting rapidDB access but not DB contents.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.