It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to change the ID of an enumeration in RTC ?

Olivier ROSET (50121) | asked Apr 04 '18, 11:14 a.m.
 Hi,

Does anybody know how to change the ID of an enumeration in RTC ? 
Directly in the database ?  trough Eclipse IDE ? 
I have a enumeration who is in use by approximativly 4300 workItems, and his attribut "ID" have a tabulation character that  I want to remove because the RTC java api have a problem with this character in the "id" field. 

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 05 '18, 2:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 05 '18, 2:18 a.m.

There are process XML based enumerations, there are database based enumerations. They might work different.

Anyway, what you could try - and I would suggest to do that on a test system first:

1. Add a new Enumeration literal to replace the broken one
2. Change all work item values from the broken literal to the new literal (use API or CSV import/export)
3. Remove the broken literal.

I don't know if this would work or not. I am pretty sure it would work with database based enumerations, I am not so sure about the Process XML based enumerations.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 05 '18, 12:17 a.m.

If the ID is already in use, you will have to modify it directly in the database. Of course this will not be officially supported. If you don't want to mess up with your database, create a new attribute/enumeration, replicate the value to the new attribute and abandon the old one.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.