It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG with CM - How to display Link Validity indicators ?

Sean F (1.3k241144) | asked Mar 30 '18, 11:30 a.m.
edited Mar 30 '18, 11:33 a.m.

I have enabled Configuration Management in a DNG project.
Documentation says Suspect Links is replaced by Link Validity when CM is enabled.
When I set up a traceability view there is indeed no 'Suspicion' column available like in regular non-CM projects.
I have also seen a youtube demo of the Link Validity indicators showing in DNG. They seem to display inside traceability columns.
But in my CM DNG project when I insert traceability columns there is no Validity Indicators in these columns.
So how do I see the Link Validity indicators in a CM enabled DNG project when I set up the traceability views?

The links I have created are between requirement artifacts inside a single stream within a single DNG project. I am not doing traceability to other CLM applications or other streams.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Barbour (250222) | answered Apr 02 '18, 5:02 p.m.

Sean,

This is turned off by default and you must explicitly enable the 'Show Link Validity' property for each project/component:

Click on the Administration (Gear) icon and select Manage Component Properties
Select the Link Validity tab
Set the checkbox 'Show Link Validity'
Click Save.

Repeat for all CM enabled projects and their components where you want to view Link Validity.

Sean F selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k241144) | answered Apr 03 '18, 8:57 a.m.

Thanks Daniel.
Got this working now.
It seems that Link Validity is non-directional unlike Suspicious Links.
The suspicious links feature marks suspicion for the object at the other end of the link following a change whereas the Link Validity is marked 'invalid' at both ends of the link following a change at only one end.
I think there are arguments in support of both approaches. Just curious that the 2 implementations take the 2 different approaches.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.