It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG CM - Merge change back to original stream

Sean F (1.3k243149) | asked Mar 30 '18, 11:08 a.m.

I am having a play with the Configuration management in DNG.
Just to get a handle on the basics I devised a simple scenario

Create a project P1.
Create a requirement R1 in P1.
Baseline the project BL1.
Create a stream from the baseline BL1S1
Open BL1S1 and edit the copy of R1.

Now I want to merge the changed version of R1 in BL1S1 back into the original stream of P1
This where I am stuck.
How do I merge the changed version of R1 in BL1S1 back into the original R1 in the original stream P1 ?

3 answers

permanent link
Daniel Barbour (250222) | answered Apr 20 '18, 11:38 a.m.
edited Apr 20 '18, 11:43 a.m.

Sean,

You can selectively deliver the differences (changes) that are present in one stream to another by selecting the Configuration Context menu (the one you would use to 'Switch' between configuration contexts).  The following steps are based on what I see in 6.0.5 for a project that has CM enabled.

Starting in the new stream for P1 (BL1S1)
On the Right Side of the menu you should see something like the following:
Local Configuration
   Create Stream...
   Create Baseline...
   Compare Configuration...
   Deliver Changes...
   Accept Changes...

Select 'Deliver Changes...', this will open the 'Select Configuration Context menu'.  From here - select the original stream for P1 (S1).  The 'Deliver Change Sets' page will open showing the Source Configuration on the left (BL1S1) and the Target Configuration on the Right (S1).

You can either have ALL changes (between BL1S1 and S1) delivered to S1 by selecting radio button 'Automatically Deliver Changes' or select radio button 'Review Changes to Deliver' 

Select Next...and complete the steps to merge the desired changes that were made in stream BL1S1 back to stream S1.

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243149) | answered Apr 20 '18, 9:50 a.m.

Thanks Hakan.

But how do you actually do this in DNG (this scenario is not in RTC)?

permanent link
Håkan Kristiansson (5114) | answered Apr 20 '18, 5:02 a.m.

If I understand the scenario correctly: Initial stream with R1  > BL1 > S1 change of R1. You deliver S1 to Initial stream?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.