It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jenkins Pipeline TeamConcert Steps do not accept UUIDS

Nathan Hellwig (1122) | asked Mar 23 '18, 1:44 p.m.

I am running Jenkins 2.89.4, the latest TeamConcert plugin, and RTC 6.0.4.

When I create a Pipeline build job on Jenkins, I can use either the "checkout" or the "teamconcert" commands to load a workspace using the plugin.  However, these commands only accept full-names for workspaces (i.e. "Build Workspace") when I specify a UUID, I get an error that the provided workspace cannot be found.

This conflicts with how the RTC Build Definitions work.  I can add a "Repository Workspace" parameter to my build definition, and the selected workspace is passed as a UUID.  This means I cannot specify additional workspaces as "Repository Workspace" parameters via the Build Definition because the Pipeline job would have to resolve those to a name to pass to the TeamConcert plugin (at which point, I don't really need the plugin if I'm using SCM calls to find the name).

Is there a way to use "checkout" or "teamconcert" with UUIDs instead of names?

One answer

permanent link
Lakshmi Narasimhan T V (4415) | answered Mar 26 '18, 5:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Nathan

Currently, Team Concert Plugin needs names for repository workspaces, streams and build definitions in its configuration for both freestyle and pipeline jobs. I have filed an enhancement for supporting UUIDs.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.