It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Windows shell connection issue.

Mahari Hill (4861166230) | asked Mar 22 '18, 11:11 a.m.
closed Apr 04 '18, 10:02 p.m.

CLM 604

I was demoing RTC to someone and I connected to our server with the web browser and eclipse client, but tried using the windows shell and could not. It's telling me it does not recognize ".....@........" which is the exact information for the Eclipse client.

I rebooted, nothing.

Any thoughts?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 22 '18, 11:21 a.m. | edited Mar 22 '18, 11:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

My thought is that the explanation is leaving out so many details and is so fuzzy that . As long as you don't put in a lot more effort, I don't see how anybody could come up with something.

Priyadarshini Gorur commented Mar 22 '18, 11:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Mahari,

Which version of Windows are you on? Can you enable Verbose logging, and see what's in the trace file? You can do that from Shell preferences:

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by tribexx Apr 04 '18, 10:02 p.m.

One answer

permanent link
Mahari Hill (4861166230) | answered Mar 27 '18, 7:13 a.m.

Hello Priyadarshini Gorur

You actually solved it with that pic. I did not see the additional preferences that could be added (once scrolling down). I got the error message and it seems I needed to add "Use Security" -> TLS 1.2.

And now I'm in.

thanks!

Comments
Priyadarshini Gorur commented Mar 27 '18, 10:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Mahari, are you on Windows 10? We had a question specific to Windows 10 at https://jazz.net/forum/questions/248517/why-does-rtc-shell-client-605-log-in-hang-in-windows-10-is-there-a-solution and enabling TLS 1.2 resolved the problem. We are in the process of updating our documentation to include this, so it'll help to know if you are on Windows 10 too.

Priyadarshini Gorur commented Mar 27 '18, 10:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Mahari, that's great! We had a question specific to Windows 10 at https://jazz.net/forum/questions/248517/why-does-rtc-shell-client-605-log-in-hang-in-windows-10-is-there-a-solution and enabling TLS 1.2 resolved the problem.

We are in the process of updating our documentation to include this, so it'll help to know if you are on Windows 10 too.

Mahari Hill commented Apr 04 '18, 10:02 p.m.

Hello,

No we are on windows 7. I see your situation seems solved. Good luck