It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Formatting of Headings in DNG messed up when importing from CSV

Richard Good (872158) | asked Mar 22 '18, 6:57 a.m.

Hello

I'm trying to import some modules from DOORS to DNG with the required artefact types. A promising method seemed to be via csv format, I am using this article as a guide:

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DNGCSVImpExp

Works perfectly when mapping levels and artefact types, but there seems to be some weird bug when importing headings. The headings text and levels seem completely correct, the object hierarchy is correct, but the numbering and formatting of the headings is not there. I'm using DNG 6.0.2

So I get

Introduction

Instead of

1. Introduction (in large bold font)

formatting not working on this forum in my browser

What am I doing wrong?

2 answers

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k241145) | answered Mar 22 '18, 4:50 p.m.
 DOORS has a built in method of migration to DNG from version 9.6.1.3 onwards.
The CSV approach can lose a lot of information that you then need to create.
The built in method should maintain module hierarchy and heading numbering etc.

Comments
Richard Good commented Apr 05 '18, 6:30 a.m.

Yes I know all about that, but it does not seem fit for purpose. I do not want a load of superfluous module and object types. I wan to map requirements to requirements not a DOORS object type named after the DOORS module. If there is some issue I want the system to tell me about it and not import it. Designing views in DOOR, mapping attributes I have in DOORS to Attributes I want in DNG and stripping out stuff I don't want seems a much better way of doing things. I fundamentally disagree with the way the DOORS migration has been designed it means you get a whole load of mess in DNG when you migrate. There should at least be a picky mode that doesn't take everything, doesn't create attributes and enumerations for you and reports errors you can then address in DOORS and re migrate

permanent link
Richard Good (872158) | answered Mar 22 '18, 10:11 a.m.

Comments
Richard Good commented Apr 10 '18, 12:54 p.m.

Note that you have to be careful that the isHeading column contains True and not "True", note quotes or it doesn't work

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.