It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to extract data from JRS into a Report such that multi-enumerations are on a single row for the same artifact and not on separate lines (with each line for each different enumerated value)?

Michael Laurendi (105944) | asked Mar 16 '18, 11:58 a.m.
edited Mar 16 '18, 12:02 p.m.

JRS Report Builder 6.0.5 is putting multiple enumeration valued attributes (that are in a Rational DOORS Next Gen Project) on separate lines for the same artifact ID.

Does anyone know of a way to extract data from JRS into a Report with multi-enumerations comma-delimited (or any other delimiter) onto a single line? Or does anyone know of a way to obtain the same results by applying a document template in Rational Publishing Engine? If so, explain what is needed in the .dta file in RPE (provide an example)?

3 answers

permanent link
Heidi Stadel (2861) | answered Jul 19 '18, 9:44 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This blog post on streamlining multi-value enumerations by showing the values in a single line might help:
https://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2017/06/22/jrs-report-builder-streamlining-multi-value-enumerations-in-reports/

permanent link
Steve Dennehy (4115) | answered Jul 17 '18, 7:54 p.m.

LISTAGG(CAST($Requirement:Apportionment (Custom)$ AS VARCHAR(100)), ',')

seems to work

Comments
Michael Laurendi commented Jul 18 '18, 9:50 a.m.

Thanks for your answer. However, I should have said I am using SQL Server 2012 (11.0.7001.0) (and not Oracle).

permanent link
Amy Silberbauer (30657) | answered Mar 16 '18, 1:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Michael,
I don't know how you would do this without dropping into Advanced SQL. It would be tricky even then because you would have to concatenate all of the individual enum literals (which implies to have to know how many you have and how many are possible). Just thinking out loud -- I'm no SQL expert, but I spent about 15 minutes looking at it and nothing popped out at me.
Amy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.