It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can you programmatically update the Kanban Board View in a Kanban Board Plan?

April Bailey (12) | asked Mar 14 '18, 3:29 p.m.

Previously I found an article the Ralph Schoon posted about how to create a plan programmatically and that was great! (https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/06/11/creating-plans-with-the-plain-java-client-api/). 

When using a Kanban Plan, we'd like to have it set up so that the column display on the Kanban Board View has the subcolumn states all deselected.  I believe this has to be set one time for a project area and it will then affect all Kanban board views (already existing or yet to be created).   I would like to be able to programmatically set that instead of having to manually go in and set that through the web client. 

I have searched and so far have not figured out any APIs or places where I can set that.  Does anyone know how that can be programmatically set? 

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 15 '18, 3:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The blog post above mentions that this is internal API, for all I know.

I am not aware of any public API for planning. Even the existing internal Java API is aging since planning is removed from the Eclipse client.

So, I am not aware of a supported way of doing this and I don't know the internal APIs either, to be able to tell.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.