It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to export testsuite result and related testcase results by using ExcelImporter

Messi Leon (151) | asked Mar 13 '18, 1:01 a.m.

I have created a testsuite linked to several testcases and I want to use ExcelImporter to export the results(include testsuite result and testcase results) after I have run all the testcases. what I want to achieve is make the testsuite result is still linked to these testcase results after uploaded. any ideas?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Mar 14 '18, 5:55 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Messi,

I think I am getting the described scenario. Basically ExcelImporter is designed to move test assets maintained in Excel to RQM and it is meant for one time migration effort. it is not designed to work as test artifact synchronizer or execution alternate. Related to issue you are facing, currently ExcelImporter doesn't support artifacts of type 'Test Suite Exectuion record' or 'Test Suite Result' (Enhancement#169804) and you described export of data back to RQM is not possible, you might want to update the enhancement with your view on need.

Regards,
Mehul

Messi Leon selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Messi Leon (151) | answered Mar 13 '18, 9:10 p.m.

Hi, Mehul

Thanks for your answering!

Maybe my description is not that clear.
But yes, I do have linking testsuite and testcase in RQM. Here is the detailed situation:
Firstly, create a testsuite like 'testsuite1' linked to several testcases like 'testcase1', 'testcase2'....etc. BTW, all these artifacts are imported from an excel file through ExcelImporter
second,  execute these testcases offline and filled the results in the same excel file
third, import the excel file again through ExcelImporter.

What I have achieved currently is that there are 'testcase result' and 'testcase execution record' in RQM. But what i want is more than this. I want not only the  'testcase result' and 'testcase execution record', also the 'testsuite result' and 'testsuite execution record' are imported into RQM from the same excel file through ExcelImporter.

is this understandable?

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Mar 13 '18, 9:46 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Messi,

Do you have linking of testsuite and testcase in RQM or all the test artifacts are in Excel file only? Are you referring round trip scenario where test artifacts are stored in RQM and 'offline execution' allows you to take your execution workitem to Excel?

Regards,
Mehul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.