It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Single Kanban view Plan from more than 1 RTC Project

Padmaja Kunapareddy (11) | asked Mar 08 '18, 6:03 p.m.

Is there a way to create single Kanban view Plan from more than 1 RTC Project.  We have 2 different RTC Project area' where we are tracking our Team's work (Features & customer relatd defects), but I like to create single kanban view thru Plan View.  Can this be done?

2 answers

permanent link
Matt Muller (59813574) | answered Mar 12 '18, 4:54 a.m.

Hi,

If the use case is - I need to "display" data from two different project then:

I would create the two Kanban view and combine on a Dashboard - Obviously this will only work depending on your security against the Project Areas.

Not sure if this will help you?

Matt

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Mar 11 '18, 4:22 p.m.

Hi,

no. Cross-Project plans will work cross project area. If you would like to display work items from different project areas, either use JRS reports (widgets) or put queries from one and the other project area next to each other on a dashboard.

Why are you keeping features and customer related defects in two different project areas? Using teams / access groups / categories and visibility you could put them in the same project area, have distinct visibility and then use Kanban or any other plan view (preferrably even the new Quick Planner) to visualize them all at once.

- Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.