It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Updates on RQM 6..0.5

Salwa Hermiz (1512) | asked Mar 08 '18, 1:49 p.m.

Delete items from the lab management catalog

The delete option is not activated, I'm an admin in multiple projects and I cannot delete

Comments
Don Yang commented Mar 08 '18, 6:59 p.m.

where is lab management catalog you are referring to?

Salwa Hermiz commented Mar 23 '18, 1:29 p.m.

In the 6.0.5 updates it said its in the project properties page, but I don't see it there, see the following:

From the Project Properties, you can now delete items from the lab management catalog.

I checked the lab management tab but I could notĀ find it,

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Mar 26 '18, 12:51 a.m.

Hi, Salwa

Yes, you can delete items from the lab management catalog now.
According to the new features, it says:

From the Project Properties, you can now delete items from the lab management catalog.

Catalog subtypes
Previously, you could hide subtypes. Now, you can also delete them. You can delete all subtypes from the catalog, but not root types. To delete subtypes, they must be hidden. To manage hidden items, select the Show hidden lab resource attributes and types check box. To delete a subtype, first ensure that it is hidden. Then, select the item and click the delete button. The item is deleted after you save your changes.

Catalog type attributes
You can also delete attributes from the lab management catalog. You can delete all attributes from the lab management catalog, but they must be hidden. To manage hidden items, select the Show hidden lab resource attributes and types check box. To delete an attribute, go to Manage Attributes by selecting a type and then clicking the pencil icon. Then, select the item and click the delete button. The item is deleted after you save your changes.
===
There are two points here
- it needs to be subtype
- it needs to be set as hide first then delete

I tried and it does work:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.