It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Which projects are using Hierarchical Components

Gary Day (18814) | asked Mar 08 '18, 10:16 a.m.

We upgraded our RTC to 6.0.2 and understand Hierarchical Components are switched on b y default.

We have decided this feature is one we would prefer not use to use without further investigation. Before we disable this feature how can we tell if any project has already started to use it?

Comments
Don Yang commented Mar 08 '18, 7:13 p.m.

if components are loaded, there is a .subcomponent_info file created in the parent component folder.
If you go to Eclipse client(for example) you will see the hierarchy if you have done that.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 31 '18, 4:17 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As a comment, I know of no reason to avoid using hierarchical components, so I would recommend leaving it switched on, for use by any project that would benefit from it. 

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Mar 28 '18, 12:03 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Also, as far as I remember, turning this feature off has no real negative consequence on streams that may already have a component hierarchy. I.e. they will still appear to have a hierarchy when viewed in the Team Artifacts view, and the 'Remove subcomponent' action will still work (to remove the hierarchy and make everything flat again). However the "Add subcomponent" action will fail (as expected...) (...actually, I think this action is hidden in the UI)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.