It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to delete a file object in RTC Programatically using Java plain APIs ?

Jazzuser user (68749) | asked Mar 07 '18, 2:54 a.m.

Hello Team,

I have a scenario, wherein I have to delete the file already present in RTC Stream. I need to delete a particular file, checkin as a changeset and then deliver the changeset with the deleted file. All this should be done using RTC APIs.

I already have code for creating the repo workspace for the stream. get the files from that components. now i need to delete some files.

Are there any APIs to delete the particular file already existing in stream ?

Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jazzuser user (68749) | answered Mar 21 '18, 5:01 a.m.

I got the solution :

IConfigurationOpFactory opFactory = fRepoWsConn.configurationOpFactory();
                   opFactory.delete(foundItem);

Collection ops = new ArrayList();
                   ops.add(fRepoWsConn.configurationOpFactory().delete(foundItem));
                   IUpdateReport r = fRepoWsConn.commit(Collections.singletonList(getChangeSet("Deleting File")), Collections.singletonList(ops), null);

David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 07 '18, 6:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

https://jazz.net/library/article/1006 explains what can be deleted.
To find out what API that is, you could try to debug the Eclipse client. I had a quick look, but was unable to find the action at the moment.

Comments
Jazzuser user commented Mar 08 '18, 12:39 a.m.

Thanks for the reply Ralph,
we have the following code to file the IVersionable of the file.
             Map<String, IVersionableHandle> handles = fConfiguration.childEntries( parentFolder, fMonitor);
             IVersionableHandle foundHandle = handles.get(name);
             if(null!=foundHandle){
                 return fConfiguration.fetchCompleteItem(foundHandle, fMonitor);
            }
 Is there any APIs to delete the file with this IVersionable or we also have the IFileItem of the file.

Jazzuser user commented Mar 08 '18, 12:40 a.m.

I found following API on searching in the RTC plugins :
com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal package :  /**
     * Deletes this storage object plus any children. The order in which the children are deleted
    public abstract void delete(IProgressMonitor monitor) throws FileSystemException;

Could you pelase suggest on this.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.