It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Any way to change user ID, and keep history?

Per Djernaes (1313) | asked Mar 06 '18, 8:48 a.m.

I have read some older articles about this, but the answers didn't mach my setup.
We use an e-mail address as login/user ID, and the user has change the mail address, now we want to change the ID, so it match, but keep the users history and other details.
(the notification e-mail address is changed)

Build Information
Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries
5.0.2 (RJF-I20141028-1603)

Server VM Version 1.6.0
Vendor IBM Corporation
Name IBM J9 VM
Details JRE 1.6.0 Linux amd64-64 Compressed

Any input are much appreciated.

Br.
per

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 06 '18, 9:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please carefully read https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/10/12/changing-the-jazz-user-id-using-the-rtc-plain-java-client-libraries/

It is possible if you know what you are doing and follow the information in the blog post.

Per Djernaes selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Per Djernaes (1313) | answered Mar 07 '18, 7:28 a.m.

This link did the trick:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/107039/changing-user-ids-in-401

Thanks a bunch for your help

permanent link
Per Djernaes (1313) | answered Mar 06 '18, 9:40 a.m.

Thanks for your swift reply.
I have seen this note :https://jazz.net/forum/questions/76988/how-to-change-an-ldap-userid
The  problem is in my setup I dont have this setting:
Change property User Registry Type from LDAP to UNSUPPORTED
My setting says: User Registry Type "DETECT", so I don't know If I should change it from "DETECT" to "UNSUPPORTED".
Br.
Per

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 06 '18, 9:46 a.m.

I would assume so. If you don’t have ldap you need to know also how to change the I’d there.

Donald Nong commented Mar 06 '18, 7:24 p.m.

Based on your description, I really have doubts on how your user registry is set up. Be careful. If the user registry type is truly "DETECT", it means that you are using the built-in file-based user registry of Tomcat, which should be always in-sync with whatever the changes you make in the user profile. Also, I am not aware of any ways to use email-address as a user ID in such user registry. In other words, you may be using a user registry that is not correctly reflected by the User Registry Type property.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 07 '18, 3:13 a.m. | edited Mar 07 '18, 3:14 a.m.

The situation is really the same with a file based user registry and LDAP. The user with the ID is already in RTC (RTC stores the ID). You want to  change the ID in RTC because you had changed the ID in the external system but keep the user record in RTC.

You have to change the ID in RTC to match the ID in the external system. With a file based user registry you need to change the ID there too, if you want to change it in general.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.