It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

do trend and aging reports only work in the data warehouse?

Kim Williams (56133) | asked Mar 05 '18, 8:43 a.m.

I saw an article (Introducing Historical Trend Reporting in Jazz Reporting Service Report Builder 6.0.1) that says that Historical Trend Reports only is available in Data Warehouse.  Is that true for 6.0.4 of Report Builder?  What about 6.0.5?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kathryn Fryer (503147) | answered Mar 05 '18, 11:00 a.m.

The LQE data source added support for a limited number of trend reports in 603 -- primarily trends on total number of artifacts.

First, you have to enable the metrics collection jobs in the LQE Administration UI, as described in this Knowledge Centre topic:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.jp.lqe2.doc/topics/t_configure_lqe_data_collection_ui.html&scope=null
Otherwise you won't see any data or options when you go to choose the trends for reporting.

Creating the report in Report Builder works the same as building trend reports with the DW; there are just fewer options to choose from. If there are specific trend reports you'd want to see supported using the LQE data source, please submit an RFE.

Kim Williams selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 05 '18, 11:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Kathryn, was not aware of that. 

Kim Williams commented Mar 06 '18, 12:34 p.m.

Thanks, Kathryn

2 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 05 '18, 8:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

A data warehouse is where such historical information for reporting is collected. I don’t see how this would ever change.

Comments
Kim Williams commented Mar 05 '18, 8:52 a.m.

Thanks for the quick response.  It sure would be nice if Report Builder didn't give the option to select LQE for trends!

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Mar 05 '18, 9:21 a.m.

LQE has metrics jobs - if it doesn't allow for trend data, then I'm a little confused too about why the metrics are available.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.