It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Publish DNG module attributes with RPE

Bob 3 (1481464) | asked Mar 02 '18, 1:09 p.m.

How do I publish DNG module attributes using RPE? I am referring to a module artifact type, which has default and custom artifact attributes. How do I access these? 

I've studied the schema for DNG Text and DNG Module, as well as the sample DNG templates that come with RPE.
Thanks for your help!

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Clark (2341150) | answered Mar 05 '18, 10:24 a.m.

Bob, not sure when/how I learned about this. Thought it was on you tube videos.

In a container grab 
data/Source/artifact/collaboration/attributes/objectType/customerAttribute

Then check for the custom attribute @name
name=="your customer attribute name" (in quotes e.g. name=="specification_revision")

Then get the value (@value) contains the data held in the customer attribute.

Bob 3 selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Paul Hannah (155) | answered Jul 02 '19, 11:13 a.m.

Bob, not sure if you ever found a solution but the following has worked for me:

Configure a DNG Text data source using the URI https//[server]:[port]/rm/publish/resources?resourceURI=[module identifier]

You can now access the Module custom attributes using data/Source/artifact/collaboration/attributes/objectType/customerAttribute

The important bit is in the URI use "resourceURI" and not "moduleURI"

Hope this helps.
Paul

Comments
Bob 3 commented Jul 02 '19, 11:13 p.m. | edited Jul 02 '19, 11:15 p.m.

Paul, thanks for the follow-up on this thread. What ultimately worked for me to access default and custom DOORS Next module attributes (important: I'm not talking about non-module artifact attributes) is as follows:

1. Configure a data source configuration element with the reportable REST URI for a DOORS Next module (or POX profile). The URI that I used came from the "dataSource/info/about" branch of the "views" data source for publishing DOORS Next views.
  2. Navigate through queries to dataSource/artifact/collaboration/attributes/objectType in order to access default module attributes OR
  3. Navigate through queries to dataSource/artifact/collaboration/attributes/objectType/customAttribute in order to access custom (user-defined) module attributes

permanent link
David Clark (2341150) | answered Mar 03 '18, 7:47 a.m.

Bob, there is a whole series of YouTube videos on how to do this. They are very helpful. This is where I started and have working RPE templates generating docs from DNG. RPE Template Tutorial

The newer versions of DNG (6.0.4+, maybe 6.0.3 - not 100% sure) has added visibility into "views" data source which is faster than the "modules" data source. Still trying to figure out how to use that one, but the "modules" data source works well.

Have fun,
David

Comments
Bob 3 commented Mar 03 '18, 12:23 p.m.

David, thanks for your response. I have reviewed about 10 videos at the link you provided, but none of them discuss accessing module attributes from DNG modules using RPE. Several of them explain how to access the title attribute of a module but no other attributes, whether default or custom ones. 

Can anyone shed some light on the technique needed to publish a DNG module attribute like "Security Level," which is a custom module attribute?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.