It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to force an explicit login on SSO enabled server using RTC Java API?

Marko Tomljenovic (31645109) | asked Mar 01 '18, 11:03 a.m.
retagged Mar 13 '18, 11:53 a.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hello everyone,

for some internal tools and our automated tests we are now encountering a problem which is:

Since a few days SSO (Single-Sign-On) based on Kerberos has been enabled on some of our test systems.
Our tools that run against the test systems and also many of our automated tests need to login to these systems using a different user account than the currently logged in windows user.

All this code now fails with the following exception: 

com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.NoUserCredentialsAcceptedException: CRJAZ2844E The following URL could not be reached because the server does not accept a user ID and password for authentication: /rm/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.IRepositoryRemoteService.

Does the server need to be reconfigured to also allow user id and password based authentication or what else could you propose me?

Comments
Marko Tomljenovic commented Mar 05 '18, 7:14 a.m.

Some additional point to consider.

We did more internal testing and figured out that the login using user/password is not working for rm (DNG) and dm  (RDM) application, for RTC and the others it is working fine.
Any idea how RM and DM could be different?

2 answers

permanent link
A S (58530) | answered Mar 01 '18, 12:02 p.m.

First - always give the version of the product you are seeking help for.

Do you want to disable the RTC login from the SSO for all users?  Not sure if it could be done only for select users like your automated test user.

There are several questions already asked on this topic --

Comments
Marko Tomljenovic commented Mar 02 '18, 3:35 a.m.

You are right, sorry for not giving the version: It is 6.0.5 iFix001.

Thank you for the links. While creating this thread the automatic search did not show these pages.

I will read through them.

A S commented Mar 06 '18, 12:50 p.m.

Yes, I have found many times that my searches don't reveal the questions already asked on the topic because I didn't word something in my search correctly.  It can be frustrating to have someone get mad at you for asking a question already asked.  I look every time before posting and still have had people get mad at me and close my question!!  That gets me mad.

permanent link
Lukas Steiger (3131625) | answered Mar 03 '18, 8:14 a.m.

Hi Marko,

I have never looked into Kerberos in detail, so I can't confirm that the following options will work for you, but the following is what came into my mind:
Cheers, Lukas

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.