It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[RQM 6.0.4] How to Start, then pause, all TCER's in a TSER

Tom Leser (1916) | asked Feb 26 '18, 6:46 p.m.

In order to properly reflect test execution on a current build, we have to go through the Test Suite Execution, and manually select Start Manual Test, and then Pause it.  If we don't use this our trace matrix widget will not show that TCER as any state for the current build.  

Going through each TCER manually to start it, and then pause, is a very tedious process.  

I hope this is clear, it's difficult to depict this without being able to insert pictures.  Which I'm still unable to with out getting more rep.  

One answer

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Feb 27 '18, 4:09 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Tom,

What I understand from your question is,
If you have a TSER running in Parallel mode with say many TCERS( 20 assume) , among 20 you want to pause 15. But for doing so, you are forced to click on each of the 15 Tcers , start them and then pause.

Currently this is the design for test suite execution.
If it is really impacting your work, please raise an RFE.

To raise an RFE use link : https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=changeRequestLanding

Thanks,
Krupa Gunhalkar

Comments
Tom Leser commented Feb 27 '18, 10:39 a.m.

Hi Krupa,

Yes this is correct.  If there's no workaround in the method maybe there's a workaround for result.  

Since I'm using the trace matrix widgets to report on results.  If we have a new build we're expected to execute all tests on.  We don't see the status of tests that have not yet been executed because the old result is still assigned to another build.  

Grouping Attribute 1 = Last Result
Grouping Attribute 2 = Build for Last Result

Open to other ways to track this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.