It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

LDAP nightly sync fails - SRVE0255E webgroup/virtual host not defiened

Lior Peled (17216) | asked Feb 26 '18, 2:08 a.m.

Hi,

I have established LDAP and JTS connection and was able to import users from AD to JTS.
however the nightly sync doesn't work and I get the error message that virtual host has not been defined for <server name:9443>.
it looks like everything is configured in the virtual hosts section .. 
what am I missing?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Feb 28 '18, 1:01 a.m.

Can you give the exact error? The nightly sync should contact the LDAP server, not JTS.

2 answers

permanent link
Lior Peled (17216) | answered Mar 01 '18, 2:28 a.m.

turns out the error was CRJAZ1326E.. it was a hyperlink which I click on which then led me to the SRVE0255E error message. 

the problem was on the JTS setup ,I had a mistake in the Base Group DN values. once I changed it the problem was solved.
I found the limitation on search.
thanks. 

permanent link
Lior Peled (17216) | answered Feb 28 '18, 1:42 a.m.

the headline message : SRVE0255E: A webgroup/virtual host to handle /%7Bunknown%7D has not been defined.

below that message : SRVE0255E: A webgroup/virtual host to handle <rtc server name:9443> has not been defined.

in another note, I'm able to import users from LDAP but it looks like not all of the users are found during the search, is there any limitation on the number of users that the search can show?

Comments
Donald Nong commented Mar 01 '18, 1:56 a.m.

If you insist that the SRVE0255E error is the cause of the nightly sync issue, you're not going anywhere. Yes the LDAP search has a default result size of 100, check the "Max Number of Entries Returned from User Search" property (there are multiple properties of this name) under the "com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.userregistry.ldap.LDAPUserRegistryProvider" service.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.