It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[RTCweb] Web UI > Disable "Collapse/Expand Section"

MK Skelton (2515) | asked Feb 20 '18, 1:19 p.m.

Hello,

I am building the forms in RTC.  Every section is able to be collapsed by clicking in the blank area inside every section.  How can I lock every section so that "collapse section" isn't an option?  I know there's a setting somewhere...

I'd attach an example if I had 60 reputation points.  Ugh.

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Christopher Robinson (571817) | answered Feb 21 '18, 11:43 a.m.

I cannot find a way to lock the sections in one state or the other. The true or false on the expanded property is if set to ‘false’, the section will initially be collapsed. If the property is not set, the section will show up expanded.

I would suggest filing a request for enhancement in our RFE community for that function if it is a function you would like to see in a future release.

MK Skelton selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Feb 20 '18, 11:00 p.m.

There is a property called "expanded" of a section to control whether the section is expanded or collapsed. I believe the default value is "true" so each section is expanded by default. I don't see a way to force its value to "true" so the section stays expanded.

Comments
MK Skelton commented Feb 21 '18, 7:03 a.m.

Hi Donald,
Where is this "property"? 

Thanks in advance

MK Skelton commented Feb 21 '18, 11:16 a.m.

Ah, I found it.  It's an option when editing a section in RTCweb.  I have been building most of these forms via the RTC Eclipse client. 

I did assign it and as you indicated, it does not force the value.  I wonder what the purpose of the true or false is for the "expanded" property value?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.