It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I want in RTC work item if the owner does not belong to Team Area ,this display error Message not the warning Message,user don't save the work item。

rkRash 123 (11219) | asked Feb 19 '18, 12:11 a.m.
edited Feb 19 '18, 2:46 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

I want in work item if the owner does not belong to Team Area ,this display error Message not the warning Message,user don't save the work item。

How can i do ? Any workaround at users end  usually  how can we handle this type of functionality?

OR IS it part of IBM Plugin functionality deployed on server/

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 19 '18, 3:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please reword the question.

rkRash 123 commented Feb 19 '18, 3:55 a.m.

In RTC, there is warning message display on "owned by" whenever the work item is assigned to  members which are not part of team members, in such case is it possible to display the error message instead of warning and restrict the save operation?

As per the previous the recommendation received  in forum is to raise RFE? But is there any workaround  through scripting or plugin we can achieve it?  Is it recommended?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 19 '18, 4:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 19 '18, 4:15 a.m.

I think you have the following options:

1. Try to create a custom validation (must be Java) and must be deployed in the server for the web UI and in Eclipse to support the Eclipse client. I have not tried that myself and am concerned about the interaction of the existing built in warning and a custom validation
  2. Create an advisor or pre-condition that prevents the save - this would definitely work, but it would still not show an error message icon in the UI
  3. Ask for a n enhancement (RFE) - this is likely to take a long time if it is implemented ever

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.