It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

make sure "planned for" and "filed against" are compatible

Bernd van Oostrum (21725371) | asked Feb 15 '18, 11:51 a.m.

How can I ensure that a workitem's "planned for"-attirbute contains a value that corresponds with the selected "filed against"-attribute given that I have multiple teams working on dedicated timelines.

Currently, it is possible to assign a combination of "filed against"-values and "planned for"-value that do not correspond (for instance a planned for value from a different timeline than indicated in the filed against field)

Best regards,
Bernd.

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 22 '18, 3:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 22 '18, 3:44 a.m.

RTC will flag an invalid combination of filed-against and planned-for as warning when you view that work item in the GUI.   The reason RTC cannot make it impossible is that this would make it impossible to reassign a category to a team area in a different timeline.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Feb 18 '18, 7:49 p.m.

Have you considered writing a customized validator?

Comments
Bernd van Oostrum commented Feb 19 '18, 4:22 a.m. | edited Feb 22 '18, 3:40 a.m.

Hi Donald,

Not really...
I think it should be impossible to select an invalid combination of "filed against" and "planned for" values out of the box...

Best regards,
Bernd.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.