It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to restrict Project area or Team area renaming by the normal user?

Mohanraj Ragupathi (54519) | asked Feb 15 '18, 7:27 a.m.
retagged Feb 22 '18, 2:28 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hi,

We are using CLM 604 environment. Currently we are collecting reports and other details out of the project and team areas in RTC.

In RTC as far as I understood to change the process description (which includes Project name, Timeline, Iteration, Category, releases) we have only one level of permission. If we enable this permission i.e. create / Modify process description for some user role e.g. Product Lead / Team lead, they can easily modify the project area name at any point of time. This we want to restrict. The same applicable to "team area" as well. We can allow them to create a new "Team area" but don't want to allow them to rename it. 

Do we have any method or precondition or configuration for this? Please help us.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 15 '18, 9:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If I look into the permission UI, there are two different permissions to be able to create team areas and rename team areas (change their properties).

On project area level there is only a rename team area, to create project areas you need repository role privileges.

So I don't see why you would need custom operational behavior for that, unless I am missing something.

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Feb 15 '18, 10:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

To enforce "Allow Create PA and Disallow Modifications", we need to leverage a.  Jazz Groups and b.  Permissions.

Creating Project Area is governed by the Role (Jazz Group) user belongs to and only users who have either a JazzProjectAdmins or JazzAdmins role would be able to Create Project Areas.

Once the project area is created, you could control the project area properties change by using the permissions under Process > Save Project Area

• Modify a project area
    • Modify project area properties

For Team Area related changes, as Ralph pointed out, there are individual permissions under "Save Team Area" section
  • Create a team area
  • Modify a team area
All the above and more about the permissions and roles is available here :
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/c_permissions.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.