It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to filter category attribute independently in JRS for RQM report?

jane zhou (106764) | asked Feb 13 '18, 1:27 p.m.

Hi Someone who may concern,

We created several attributes under category in RQM for test plan, such as team and test plan type.
   And we tried to add condition in JRS, however, we noticed it can only select options for category in one set:
      test plan type = xxx
      test plan type = yyy
      team = zzz
      team = www 

However, we want to generate report to know for which team have how many test plan for type XXX, and type YYY.
  But we noticed in JRS, it only can do on category level as X-axis
   i.e. it can only support counting on basis of one of options in category independently:
 Say:
      Category                               Count
    1 team= zzz                              5   
    2 team =ww                             6
    3 test plan type= xxx                4
    4 test plan type =yyy                7

But what we want is as follows:
      team= zzz                                5
                test plan type =xxx        2
                test plan type =yyy        3
      team= www                              6
                test plan type =xxx        2
                test plan type =yyy        4

How can we handle this? Thanks!

Best Regards,
Jane Zhou

2 answers

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Feb 22 '18, 9:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Jane,

we cannot have both axis defined by user, we have very little flexibility..

I have taken an example of test case type here and tried to show  the report. Hope it helps in some way.

permanent link
Shoney Thamim Mohammed (11) | answered Feb 23 '18, 10:52 a.m.

Hi Krupa,

Can you let me know how you got both Category in the X and Y axis. For me, if I select Category, then only that options appears in the axis and that will have the Test Type and Team.

For example, I need to know what is my Test Result (another linked artifact) for a particular type of test (unit testing, functionality testing etc) which is a category in my test plan and for a particular Team which is also a category (Team A, Team B)

So right now I have selected 2 Test Plans from the artifact and Merged both of them and linked the Test Result to one of them. And from one Test Plan I selected one category and another Test Plan I selected another category. 

Could you let me know if there is any other solution for tackling the issue i mentioned in para 1.

Regards,
Shoney

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.